Queenstown International Airport
|IATA: ZQN - ICAO: NZQN|
|Elevation AMSL||1,171 ft (357 m)|
Queenstown Airport (IATA: ZQN, ICAO: NZQN) is located in Frankton, Otago, New Zealand, and serves the resort town of Queenstown, handling more than 600,000 airline scheduled passengers a year, which is growing rapidly.
 Airlines and destinations
The majority of scheduled flights are domestic, Which are operated by Air New Zealand, Mount Cook Airlines,Jet Star or Pacific Blue, with a few international flights weekly to Sydney. The winter ski seasons are busy with extra international flights being flown by Qantas (Boeing 737-800's) and Air New Zealand (Airbus A320's / Boeing 737-300's) Pacific Blue (Boeing 737-800's) and Jet Star (Airbus A320's. In September 2007 the airport completed a $31 million upgrade with increased terminal capacity and an extended apron for international flights. Weather permitting, there is substantial daily charter traffic of light aircraft (mostly Britten-Norman Islander, Cessna 206, Cessna 172) to Milford Sound and on sightseeing trips. Helicopters are also very active.
- Air New Zealand (Brisbane [seasonal], Melbourne [seasonal], Sydney)
- Qantas (Brisbane [seasonal], Melbourne [seasonal], Sydney)
- Pacific Blue operated by Virgin Blue ( Sydney )
- Air New Zealand (Auckland, Christchurch)
- Mount Cook Airlines operated by Air New Zealand (Christchurch, Wellington [seasonal])
- Aspiring Air (Wanaka)
- Glenorchy Air (Glenorchy, Milford Sound, The Glaciers and Mount Cook)
- Jetstar operated by Qantas (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown )
- Pacific Blue
- Pacific Blue operated by Virgin Blue (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin )
Weather in Queenstown is typical for a temperate mountain environment. It neither has the rain of the west coast nor the consistently dry conditions of Central Otago but somewhere in between.
Landing at Queenstown Airport
 External links
- Official Website
- The airport is home to Wakatipu Aero Club and Glenorchy Air
- World Aero Data airport information for NZQN
 Aeronautical Charts
|Airports of New Zealand|
|Auckland | Christchurch | Dunedin | Hamilton | Invercargill | Palmerston North | Rotorua | Queenstown | Wellington|
This article uses material from Wikipedia, "Queenstown, New Zealand"