You will have a window seat with an unimpeded view, as you fly to Milford Sound through a landscape of unbelievable grandeur & beauty. By flying you see so much more than by road, as we go where no roads can.
Many people tell us that flying through this magnificent landscape to Milford Sound is one the most memorable experiences of their New Zealand visit. On all our Milford Sound excursions we return via the glaciers of the Olivine ice plateau and Barrier range, weather permitting.
Milford Sound - Fly / Cruise / Fly
At Milford you can cruise on the 9.00am, 11.00am, 1.30pm, 3.00pm or 3.45 pm Southern Discoveries Cruise Boats during the high season, (November - April) which cruise the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea and back to the wharf at the Visitor Centre. By flying, you will avoid the tour bus crowds which arrive from Queenstown in the middle of the day.
It is important that you relax and enjoy the wilderness. However, during low season (May to October) you can cruise on the 11.00am and 1.30pm Southern Discoveries Cruise Boat sailings. Duration: approximately 4 hours
Other Milford Options Available
- Combine the MILFORD flight with a helicopter landing on a remote glacier above the sound. Allow 2 hours.
- Fly/Land/Fly for those with a limited time. Fly to Milford and see the fiord from the air. Land and enjoy 30 minutes at Milford. Can include a guided walk to Bowen falls. Allow 2 hours.
- Milford overhead. Allow one and a half hours.
- Coach/Cruise/Fly combinations available.
- MILFORD SAVER. Milford fly cruise fly + Dart River Safaris. A fantastic day out.
- Visit the Underwater observatory.
- Combine any of the MILFORD SOUND flight options with a "Trilogy Trail". tour of the film locations featured in the Lord of the Rings.
All our flights are weather dependent.
Valid from 01/10/2012 - 30/10/2013
|Flight||Adult Price||Child Price|
|Milford Sound Overhead Flight||$350||$175|
|Milford Sound Landing||375||195|
|Milford Sound Fly-Cruise-Fly Off Peak times||419||275|
|Milford Sound Fly-Cruise-Fly Peak times||445||275|
|Milford Sound Coach-Cruise-Fly*||550||370|
|Milford Sound Fly-Cruise-Coach*||495||325|
|Milford Sound Fly Out*||370||250|
|Milford Saver: Milford Sound Fly-Cruise-Fly,
land in Glenorchy & join Dart River Jet*
- Children 3-14 half price unless stated. Under 2 (not needing a seat and under 15kg) free.
All Tours can include courtesy transport from/to Queenstown accommodation to Queenstown Airport. Prices shown are in NZ dollars and may be subject to change.
BOOK NOW to go on a Milford Sound flight via The Glaciers
Video of a flight to Milford Sound
Scale of Milford Sound
Location of Milford Sound
Glenorchy Air - Based in Queenstown and Glenorchy.
Address: 91 McBride St, Queenstown, New Zealand.
Phone: 64 3 442-2207, Fax: 64 3 442-2807
Skype You may contact us via Skype. Our skype name is glenorchyair